Red Mountain Makers
|Red Mountain Makers|
|Country||United States of America|
State or District
Date of founding
[[Email::=Red Mountain Makers]]
Number of members
$20 per month. Subject to change when bylaws are ratified
Red Mountain Makers’ purpose is to engage in scientific and artistic research, experimentation, and education. We provide a work space, a collaborative and supportive community, and other resources for projects related to technology and artistic expression. We develop and support the development of free and open source software and hardware.
We are currently focused on building a group of people and working on projects before focusing on acquiring space. The meet-up group is nomadic until the space is acquired with biweekly meetings (2nd and 4th tuesdays, with location set at the previous meeting) plus project days set by project hosts at the biweekly meeting. We're looking for large spaces downtown with working plumbing and electrical.
In order to be a Full Member, a person must support the purpose and specific goals of the organization and must pay the monthly membership fee. A member must also provide an electronic mail address for receiving official notice of members’ meetings.
Full Members have the following privileges:
- A key or other method of entry to the physical workspace
- Full access to the physical workspace
- Eligibility to put forth any issue before the board of directors
- Eligibility to vote on any issue put before the membership
- Eligibility to vote for officers and directors
Full Members must also fulfill the following responsibilities:
- A member must thoughtfully contribute to Red Mountain Makers’s direction and policies.
- A member must pay the monthly fee as determined by the board of directors.
- At the time a member's eligibility expires, he must forfeit his or her method of entry in addition to any other property owned by Red Mountain Makers to a member of the board of directors or an agent designated by the board of directors for this purpose.
 Group Projects We've Hosted
- BEAM bots build
- Introduction to Arduino
- Potato Gun Build
- Amplifier Build
- Welding Demonstration