|Country||United Arab Emirates|
State or District
|Open to Exchanges?|
|Open to Residencies?|
|Location||25° 20' 42" N, 55° 37' 45" E|
If you're interested in starting up a MakerSpace in Dubai please get in touch with us at email@example.com We hold weekly meetings and anyone is welcome to join us.
We have access to a workshop in Sharjah - but we also have a room in Jebel Ali Industrial Area and elsewhere if needed. There are 4 of us with a definite interest and if you have a good idea, let us know!
here's what we can offer at the moment:
1) Coding to suit pretty much anything from CPLDs, FPGAs to micro-controllers
2) Test equipment (scopes and analyzers up to 50 MHz reliably and 100 MHz unreliably)
3) PCB design
4) Basic electromechanical design (servos/steppers and the controls that go with 'em)
5) Metal machining and fabricating
What we are looking for:
1) A space big enough to house all our equipments and projects.
2) People who have the "maker" spirit. In engineering, art, design, chemistry, business start-up etc..
3) Any help we can get from NGOs, Sponsors or advisers.