Global Hackerspace Cupcake Challenge 2012
To mail one cupcake to another hackerspace and have it arrive in pristine condition.
- TOG --> 091 Labs, LVL1, Buffalo Lab
- 091 Labs --> FamiLAB, TOG
- LVL1 -->TOG
- Alpha One Labs
- Makers Local 256 --> Alpha One Labs
- denhac --> FamiLAB
- FamiLAB --> denhac,LVL1,Alpha One Labs
- Mojave Makers --> Crash Space
- Buffalo Lab --> Makers Local 256
- RaumZeitLabor --> RevSpace
- Cupcake must be a standard sized or larger cupcake with frosting and at least one sugar based topper/decoration.
- The cupcake should be home made or in the hackerspace, points to be deducted for store bought cupcakes.
- The package can have dimensions up to 30cm by 30cm by 30cm (1ft by 1ft by 1ft) and weight up to 2kgs (4lbs).
- The package must be sent by a reasonably priced shipping method, days in transit will be considered in the scoring.
- A video must be taken while opening the package and uploaded to Youtube or similar.
The receiving hackerspace will be the judge of the condition of the cupcake.
Judging Criteria ((1-10) on each)
Criteria and points are still in flux
- Creativity of method used to stabilize the cupcake
- Creativity of cupcake decoration
- Success of stabilization method Appearance/Condition
- Extras and Deductions
- -3 for store bought cupcake
- -3 for exceeding dimensions
- -3 for exceeding weight
- +1 for every day less then or equal to 7 days shipping and -1 for every day greater
- +3 for a senders blog post
Cupcakes shall be created and packaged during the February Synchronous Hackathon weekend and shipped out the first postal day thereafter. The winning Hackerspace will be announced once the final cupcakes have been received and scored.
A spreadsheet has been created for the 2012 Global Hackerspace Cupcake Challenge to help to keep track of who is sending/receiving cupcakes, as well as point values, etc. It can be edited HERE.