Date of founding
Bástya utca 12.
Number of members
between EUR 20-40 per month
Size of rooms
|Members||Dnet, Misnyo, Stef|
|Location||47° 29' 21.1056", 19° 3' 34.2432"|
H.A.C.K. is the first hackerspace in Hungary, operating since February 2009. In December 2009 we moved into a flat on the first floor of Fogasház, and in April 2012 we moved into a basement which is located in the inner city of Budapest, near a major traffic junction (Kálvin tér).
Thursday is usually the day of the week when either workshops are done in the evening or people just gather and work on and/or show off their projects.
- Lockpicking workshop at 19.00 on the last Thursday every month
- Python workshops called Pylvax on Sunday afternoons
- Talks about cryptography called Cryptonite approx. once per month
- Arc welding workshop
- Arduino workshop
- Electronics workshop
- R workshop
- FPGA workshop (planned)
- Erlang workshop
- Bonsai workshop
- Privacy nights (PGP, OTR, Tor, OSTel, Gibberbot, Obscuracam, etc.)
- Config nights (sharing useful snippets for various kinds of software)
- Git workshop
- Android app-dev workshop
- SQL injection workshop
- VoIP: SIP (inactive)
- Web search: self-hosted Searx at 
- Instant Messaging: self-hosted XMPP/Jabber server with inband registration support at xmpp.hsbp.org
- Source code management: self-hosted git (planned), in the meantime, we use GitHub
- CAcert assurance: we have at least 3 assurers
- ZeroBin: zero-knowledge pastebin at 
Connection with neighbouring hackerspaces
We have contact with a hackerspace under construction in Szeged, and are open to such contribution with others as well.
Some of our members regularly attend Metalab's various events, such as NinjaCon and Stadtflucht. We participate in the European cross-border hacking community, and maintain friendship with the Progressbar in Slovakia. We've also had visitors (among others) from Syn2cat, Brmlab and Kiberpipa.