|Venue:||Huntsville Marriott, Huntsville, AL|
|Country:||United States of America|
|Min Cost:|| 00 USD |
|Max Cost:|| 00 USD |
An attempt to get multiple hackerspaces in the same place at the same time. Think Maker Faire meets hackercon. Want to see projects, presentations on individual hackerspaces, cool hacks, hackerspace problem/solution talks, HOW-TOs, workshops, etc.
- Open to the public
- No harm in inspiring new spaces.
Huntsville Marriott located adjacent to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center.
5 Tranquility Base
Huntsville, Alabama 35805 USA
Room rate is $85/night if you book the room under "makers meetup"
- Check in
- Get Dinner
- Check out the shop
- Probably party.
- Opening remarks
- We are a 501c3 please don't use our network for illegal activity.
- Contests we are going to have.
- Have fun!!!
- Open talks
- Talks will be how ever long you want. Just sign up on the white board.
- MudFlap from Hacker Consortium will be deep frying anything he can get his hands on. He'll be blasting Southern Fried Music as he dumps out fried dill pickles, fried squash, fried turkey, fried hush puppies, fried sweet potatoes, and then plant the message with fried Oreos. Southern Fried Extravaganza all the way!
- Next year Con discussion.
- Closing Ceremonies
- Contest winners.
- Dinner we have been thinking Souther style, but who knows.
- Opening remarks
- Breakfast if anyone is alive.
|20:00||Meet and Greet||Hotel Lobby|
|9:30 10:00||Opening Speech||Shop|
|10:00-13:00||Open for Presentation/Talks||Shop|
|13:00-14:00||MudFlap is going Southern Fried Lunch on us||Shop|
|14:00-18:00||Open for Presentation/Talks||Shop|
|18:00-19:00||Discussion of the possibilities of a Con next year.||Shop|
|20:00-21:00||Dinner||Anywhere or bring back to shop|
|11:00||Breakfast||Cracker Barrel, Waffle House, IHOP..ect|
Add your space to this list if you plan on attending please along with how many from your space.
- Makers Local 256, Huntsville, AL
- Freeside, Atlanta, GA
- Hacker Consortium, Nashville, TN
- Cowtown Computer Congress, Kansas City, KS
- Hak-it, Indiantown, FL
- ibt, Gainesville, FL
- Tx/Rx Labs, Houston, TX
- Les Laboratoires Foulab, Montréal, QC (Canada)
- Perhaps try and get a discounted rate or free access to the U.S. Space & Rocket Center. Also maybe seeing if someone from the space station would like to run a model rocket (pressure or combustion) workshop, we all can use our skills to make crazy rockets.
- I (and likely others) wouldn't mind if someone would bring a 3D printer (reprap, fab@home, makerbot, etc). --22.214.171.124 18:08, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- I want everyone to bring projects of any shape and size, even if it isn't finished. --126.96.36.199 18:08, 23 July 2009 (UTC)
- Makers Local 256 will have their folding photobooth available for use.
- Maybe arrange a live feed from BruCon_2009 and vice versa. --188.8.131.52 04:41, 30 July 2009 (UTC)
- Having some kind of collaborative challenge/hackathon.
- Lock & Handcuff Picking Demo by I_Hate_Freedom of TX RX Labs
- I_H_F would also like to talk about the Hackerspace Passport