Multi-Hackerspace Global LAN Party & Hacker Challenge
|Type of||LAN Party|
|Homepage:||Global LAN Party|
|Venue:||Hackerspaces around the world|
Subevents: NESIT LAN Party
 Multi-space LAN Party
Below you will find the preliminary planning pages for the Multi-Space LAN Party
 Hackerspaces Involved
To bring together multiple hackerspaces for a night of games and challenges.
|Hosting Hackerspace||Game||Public IP||Port(s)||Brief Notes|
|NESIT||Open Arena||nesit.dontexist.com||27960||Open arena is a cross platform game.|
|Beta Two Labs||Skulltag aka Doom 2||Look for "--Beta2--" in the serverlist||NA||http://www.skulltag.com/download/ You probably will need your own doom2 iwad files. Server and join passwords will be sent to participating hackerspaces the day before the event. Contact email@example.com for passwords and instructions.|
|Syracuse Innovators Guild||armegatron||games.sig315.org||23233||Details soon|
|NESIT||Minecraft Beta||games.doombook.com||25565||Current Beta release Minecraft server. Please send feedback to PCBurn.com care of chris.|
|Alpha One Labs||Battlefield 2||tbd||tbd||Details soon|
 NESIT Game Suggestions
Games that NESIT have found worked well:
- Quake 3
- Smokin' Guns
- Killing Floor
- Left 4 Dead
- CounterStrike: Source
Steam is also a good resource for games. The one thing we ask is that people have downloaded the games prior to getting there, or to pull them off our network after purchase, so as not to destroy our bandwidth.
 Beta 2 Game Suggestions
Beta 2 has done well with the following:
We like games playable cross OS.
 Syracuse Innovators Guild
 War/Hacking Challenges
NESIT has set up a "Hacker Challenge."
Directions: Ports 22,80,445,548,5900 and 3306 will be open at nesit.dontexist.com,The first person to take ownership of both the hosted website and the computer running website wins the challenge. And wins a copy of Poulsens new book KINGPIN.
- If you dos or ddos the machine an angry mob will hunt you down and beat you with sticks.
- You will have 24 hours to complete the challenge.
- Once you've taken ownership of the website take a screen capture of your defacement and mail it out to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you've taken ownership of the server drop a file on the desktop of the admin of the server and take a screen shot and mail out to email@example.com
- Remember, the challenge will go live at exactly 7:00PM EDT on Saturday.