Red Mountain Makers
|Red Mountain Makers|
|Country||United States of America|
State or District
Date of founding
5502 1st Avenue N, Birmingham, AL
Number of members
Full member (with storage) - $50/month, Key-holding member - $35/month, Maker - $20/month
|Location||33° 32' 23.7912", -86° 45' 10.5264"|
Red Mountain Makers’ Our mission is to engage in scientific and artistic research, experimentation, and education. We provide a work space, a collaborative and supportive community of peer and project based education related to technology and artistic expression. We also support the use and development of free and open software, hardware and design.
5502 1st Avenue North in Woodrow Hall.
- Accessible by car and by BJCTA Bus Route 28
- Parking on street in front of space, and in municipal lot to east of Woodrow Hall
- Private workrooms available for member rental.
- Permanent workshop build out.
- Circuit Lab build out
We are currently meeting several times a week for projects. Meetings, work parties and field trips are scheduled on our Meet.up page. Formal classes in introductory electronics, programming, circuits, sewing, and wearables are being organized and will be available by February 2015. Sign up to receive class alerts.
In order to be a Full Member, a person must support the purpose and specific goals of the organization and must pay the monthly membership fee. A member must also provide an electronic mail address for receiving official notice of members’ meetings.
Full Members have the following privileges:
- A key or other method of entry to the physical workspace
- Full access to the physical workspace
- Eligibility to put forth any issue before the board of directors
- Eligibility to vote on any issue put before the membership
- Eligibility to vote for officers and directors
Full Members must also fulfill the following responsibilities:
- A member must thoughtfully contribute to Red Mountain Makers’s direction and policies.
- A member must pay the monthly fee as determined by the board of directors.
- At the time a member's eligibility expires, he must forfeit his or her method of entry in addition to any other property owned by Red Mountain Makers to a member of the board of directors or an agent designated by the board of directors for this purpose.
Group projects we've hosted
- BEAM bots build
- Introduction to Arduino
- Potato Gun Build
- Amplifier Build
- Welding Demonstration
- LED glass brick Matrix
- Power Wheels Race Car for the Atlanta Maker Faire
- Monday Drawing Nights
Regular meeting nights
- Arduino/Microcontroller night - Tuesday evenings
- HACKnCRAFT - Thursday evenings
- Space renovation
- Equipment rebuilds