Republic of Blah/Constitution
This is a rough draft - please contribute!
- Our constitution is RFC-compliant.
- We are a group of sentient individuals that aren't (don't feel) bound to a specific land or nation, undefined by genetic makeup.
- Diplomatic Immunity
- The country is an extension to the known world.
- "Our taxes are a paypal donation button"
- "Our currency is bandwidth"
- practicing wikicracy
- Pursuit of Hackiness
- Freedom of Information and Action
- Freedom to Maintain citizenship regardless of geographic location or origin.
- Ability to Reverse Engineer
- The Right to Privacy
- To Use Strong Cryptography anonymously.
- Untouchable Nature of Dignity
- The Right to declare independence from other nations' legal constraints
- Never restrict access to public information (online or offline)
- No information filtering
- Transparency of government
2. Legal Setup
- Open Legislation - Any citizen can submit legislation via an open submission medium.
- rough consensus, and practicism (we believe in the Cult of Done manifesto)
- pre-existing population
- State Language: b0rk3d English - EN_B0 (recognized minority languages/local dialects include lolspeak, 1337speak)
- We are operating independently from diplomacies all around the 'known' world.
- We do not exclude any religious views (and option includes the Church of Security)
- Governmental mechanisms?
- We do not believe in a president or government, but provide public contact addresses for both external and internal affairs - e.g. for PR and citizenship.
- While we acknowledge that every citizen has a voice in every decision we accept the need for an external and internal interface to government.
- Constant sovereignty
- Distribution and preservation of knowledge and information
- CC license and Open Source
- Be excellent to each other.
- Redundant server hosting in geographically disparate locations. (failover)
- Mailing list
- wiki-style document.
- John P. Barlow's Declaration of the Independence of Cyberspace, 1996
Present at first meeting