This show existed in form of a podcast for one year, before it came to Signals. For more (mostly german) episodes check out TalkingAnthropology.com!
 2010-11-17 - no. 3, African Hackers and feat. Erik Hersmann and Valery Colonge
Today’s show is about the African Hacker and IT-Scene. It contains two talks, one with Erik Hersmann from the iHub in Nairobi, Kenia and the second one with Valery Colonge from the Active Space in Cameroon. They both are engaged in very interesting projects and Hackerspaces.
blog entry for the show on TalkingAnthropology --> space for comments! (will be published soon...)
- The Ushahidi Project
- The Agro Hub Project
- iHub Hackerspace Nairobi
- Active Space Hackerspace Cameroon
- the Blog of Erik Hersmann
- Erik on Twitter @whiteafrican
- Valery on Twitter @nyvacol2005
- AgroHub on Twitter @agrohub
- one out of many implementations of ushahidi
- blog on hardware hacking and innovation
- annual African Maker Faire each year in a different African country (so far, Ghana and Kenya)
- some more futuristic visions around africa Muxtionary novel by Jon Gosier
- brain drain in Africa (german video, arte)
 2010-10-21 - no. 2, Special: Indian Hackers and active Cyberwar feat. with K.S.Abhiraj
Todays Show is about the Indian Hackerscene and current developments in India concerning electronic voting machines, biometrical citizen recognition and cyber warfare. I think it's a quite controversial show, but I wanted to point the spotlight to an area that's not so often in the news. Therefore also the positions in the show may not be those of the audience nor those of myself, but I tried to portray and contrast them with respect to show the current situation. K.S.Abhiraj is the first Indian to represent Indian hackerspace and government to get interviewed at hackerspaces.
blog entry for the show on TalkingAnthropology.com --> space for comments!
- Homepage of K.S.Abhiraj
- K.S.Abhiraj's CV
- K.S.Abhiraj's Blog
- stuxnet (WP)
- german article about stuxnet
- On Indian electro
 2010-09-23 - no. 1, the first Mexican Hackerspace feat. Felixe
In this show I had an interview with Felixe from the first Mexican Hackerspace. We discuss the situation in Mexico, the things it needs for a hackerspace to come to existence, his involvement in the Maker Szene and the project of homebrew Mate.
- Oventhack (some sort of mexican [hacker? art festival)]