Minutes from first meeting
- Thoughts of not using the word Hacker when trying to get a location.
- Rob mention that ideally we'd need 3 months rent in the bank at any
one time for it to be sustainable.
- 10 people to contribute to the rent initially - €50 euro to be the
limit for an individual to be expected to pay per month.
- The slides of the Presentations on
http://hackerspaces.org/wiki/Documentation were passed around for people to familiarize themselves with the Hackerspace idea.
- ToG = Tribe of Geeks ??
- Paper was passed around during the meeting and people were asked to
write down what they expect from the hackerspace. The following are the results of that:
- 3phase elect
- separate spaces
- private from street
- lockable area
- dry - no damp
- key-holders - trust issues - insurance
- keys or RFID
- area booking
- public transport - city centre
- place for BBQ
- smoke detectors
- smoking areas
- air conditioning/ extractor
- fire officer
- fire extinguisher
- large plastic / project box private storage space
- chemistry lab
- web presence - irc - forum
- heat and electric
- cleaning / tea / snacks
- register as LTD
- €1200 = 26 x €50 pm
- standing orders Direct Debit
- encourage opensource
- different donation pay grades
- weekly events
- membership structure
- rentable desk space (allow people to rent a desk to use as an office)